Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' in the Blackout

Due to high winds (gusts to 70mph) our hydro power is down. A tree blew into the power line and now the town has to operate on diesel power. BUT this town, in its amazing foresight, does not have enough diesel power to run the whole town. So we get rolling blackouts! Whee. An hour of electricity and hour without all the livelong day.

The radio people said we could be under these blackouts for up to 3 days. The city electric department says blackouts will last for at least 3 days. I'm glad I was awake during semantics in High School. Those are entirely different situations! The communication is amazing. Plus, the electric department is in contract negotiations with the city so they are going to take every bit of time to "prove" how valuable they are.

I have decided that the best way to spend this time is drinking heavily. Nothing says "awesome" more than drinking to the light of the 1 candle you own while it howls outside. I even came up with a themed drink to commemorate this occasion:

Woodford Reserve Bourbon
Tumbler

Pour at least 3 fingers of Bourbon into glass

Drink.

Look at what an incredible cocktail this is! I call it Muskeg Harpy's RollingBlackOutDrunk. Try it next time you have, nay, get to experience a rolling blackout.

I should have the giggly-cute attitude that everybody else seems to have. I simply can't muster the bonhomie. It is awful, inconvenient, and stupid management by the City. At least I still have a bottle of bourbon at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment