Monday, March 8, 2010

Airport Lounges!

I am currently in an Anchorage Airport lounge, drinking coffee, trying to drown out the Fox News awfulness blaring on 3 tvs. I don't really watch TV, I don't really pay attention to the news. I didn't know there was an entire channel devoted to unnecessary fear-mongering and outright lies.

I mean, I've heard about this phenomenon, but never really experienced it. Ugh. It makes me ill. There was a whole segment on textbook reform that had no point except to frighten people about the liberty bell. (Like it would be removed from 'merican history by the Godless liberals who hate America.) At the end, I wasn't sure who was trying to reform what. It all centers around Texas whom the textbook publishers coddle.

I was sort of appalled, and relieved that some of my recent less than pinko liberal leanings were not of the Fox news variety.

4 comments:

  1. wrong or not, I usually rate peoples' clothing choices in airports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly. That day got stranger and stranger. A young (drunk) guy kept talking to me and I talked too. Then he asked me to dance and wondered if he'd ever see me again. I am a wierdo magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we are so opposite ... politically ... but I got a good laugh out of this post! Now I gotta watch my dose of Glenn ...! lol!

    ReplyDelete