Friday, March 13, 2009

uppers!

The uppers are all installed. The hood is hooked up (all the ducting was run earlier this week).


uppers!, originally uploaded by Chez Foss.


I think I'm most excited about the hood. I had to clean a greasy film off of the walls, windows and light fixtures recently. It was gross. Imagine cleaning a grease trap choked with sawdust.

You can all see (and hopefully appreciate) the craftsmanship of the Dirty Fisherman. Those cabinets are made from Birch plywood for the carcasses, Cherry lumber on the face frame, and random doors we got from a garage sale. We figure the doors are made of maple and sprayed with some sort of polyurethane with pigment. They are a bear to refinish. The door pulls are from a Habitat for Humanity ReStore, hinges are Ikea. These are about as piecemeal as you can get.

I love all the little cubbies.

We need some sort of finial above the really tall door in the corner. I want a gargoyle. What do you think?

I am looking forward to frying something greasy and awful on the stove just because I have a hood. Panko'd everything for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment